Comprehensive Estate Planning, Administration, Dispute And Litigation Services
Abby Wool Landon
- Founder/Managing Member
Abby Wool Landon has been helping her clients plan for their future and the future of their families for over 30 years. Abby brings a personalized, hands-on approach to each individual client. She applies her experience in estate planning, business succession, tax planning, probate and trust administration to determine the best resolution possible.
Abby developed the Emerging Estate Plan program - an opportunity for young adults with emerging estate, and the ILIT Plus™ for larger estates. These just are two examples of the unique programs available to clients of Wool Landon.
Abby is known throughout the community as a problem-solver, which makes her the right lawyer to help clients and other professionals resolve complex situation and bring families together with solutions to potential problems. She serves as Trust Protector for many of her clients and their irrevocable trusts.
Although Abby is no longer an active courtroom lawyer, her extensive background in litigated family law and fiduciary disputes gives her important perspective that she applies when counseling her clients.
Throughout her career Abby has been a consistent scholarly contributor to her field of practice by giving speeches, interviews, presentations, and seminars. Abby has testified as an expert witness in a dispute involving multiple states and two countries, and is sought after for her tax advice related to estate planning. Abby frequently works with trust companies, accountants and financial advisors to implement well-rounded plans for Wool Landon clients.
- Lewis and Clark College Northwestern School of Law, Portland, Oregon
- J.D. - 1991
- Simmons College, Boston, Massachusetts
- B.S. - 1980
- Oregon, 1991
- Washington, 2007
- Arizona, 2019
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- Multnomah Bar Association
- Multnomah Bar Foundation, Treasurer 2019, Board of Directors 2018 – Present
- American Bar Association, Real Property Section; Probate Section; Trust Section
- Oregon State Bar, Estate Administration and Planning Section; Family Law Section; Tax Section
- Washington State Bar, Probate and Trust Section; Real Property Section; Tax Section
- Estate Planning Council of Portland, Inc.
- Northwest Academy Board of Directors
- Oregon Community Foundation , Metro Council Member, 2008 – 2012
- CCI Enterprises Board of Directors, Member
- Estate Planning Council of Portland, 2004 – 2007
- Better World Club, Board of Directors, 2005 – 2016
- Author, "New Changes in the Law Defining Who Qualifies as an Independent Contractor", The Fine Print Newsletter, 2005
- Author, "Your Estate Plan-Your Child's Divorce", The Fine Print Newsletter, 2004
- "Re-evaluating Risk, Why You Need an LLC and an Estate Plan", The Fine Print Newsletter, 2003
Classes & Seminars
- Presenter, "From State to State: Community Property in Transit,"Connecticut State Bar Association annual meeting, 2019
- Presenter, "Family Crisis: Estate Planning, Administration and Charitable Intent," Oregon Community Foundation Philanthropy Forum Lunch Portland
- Presenter, "Claims in Probate, Administering the Basic Estate CLE," Oregon State Bar Association, 2007
- Speaker, "Growing in Numbers," Washington State Bar Association, 2007
- Speaker, "Managing Claims in Probate," Oregon State Bar Seminar, Administering the Basic Estate, 2007
- Co-Presenter, "Cornerstones for Success: Business Succession Planning - How to Leave Your Business in Style," Portland Business Alliance Semi, 2007
- Presenter, "Wine, Wills and Women - What You Should Know About Wealth Building," Bullivant Houser Bailey Spring Women's Eve, 2007
- Co-Presenter, "Wine, Wills and Wall Street, an Estate Planning Primer"
- Co-Presenter, "What They Don't Tell You at the Real Estate Seminars," Portland Community College Education, Edward Jones, 2005
- Author/Presenter, "How to Make Your Children Wealthy," CPE's for CPA's (Continuing Professional Education for Certified Public Accountants)
- Presenter, "Critical Issues in 1031 Exchanges," CPE's for CPA's (Continuing Professional Education for Certified Public Accountants)