Uniquely Poised To Help You Take Control Of The Future For You, Your Family, Loved Ones And Favorite Charities
We provide full-service estate, disability and legal wealth preservation plans for individuals and families. The list is long, and includes:
- Trusts including revocable trusts (some call them “living trusts”), testamentary trusts, irrevocable trusts including the alphabet soup of ILIT’s (Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts), our proprietary “ILIT Plus”, QTIP’s (qualified marital trusts), CT’s (charitable trusts), SLAT’s (spousal limited access trusts), GRT’s (grantor trusts such as annuity and unitrusts), IDGT’s (intentionally defective trusts), BDOT’s (beneficiary deemed owner trusts), GST’s (generation skipping trusts)
- Disability Planning documents such as health care and legal powers of attorney, and advance directives
- Premarital (Prenuptial) Agreements and Post-Marital (Postnuptial) Agreements
- Family Business Agreements (LLCs, FLP’s and LLPs)
- Powers of Attorney
These tools represent a variety of wealth preservation measures, including:
- Business Succession
- Protection from creditors and predators
- Protection from financial abuse.
- Lifetime and testamentary (on death) gifts of interest to children, loved ones and charities through trusts
- Transfer tax (estate, gift and generation skipping taxes) and other tax planning
- Disability Protection
Why Engage Wool Landon With So Many Options To Choose From?
- Our well-developed recognizable process, uses proprietary tools to knit these documents together into a comprehensive whole.
- We help you articulate what you want as you age.
- We collaborate with your team, or help you create one, working with your accountants, trust companies, business and financial advisors as needed.
- Our client maintenance program keeps you apprised of changes in the law and sets up your regular check-ups. Where other firms hand you documents and disappear, we make it easy for you to stay in touch with us.
- Unlike full-service law firms, we are a boutique: all things estate planning related and nothing else.
- We control our own succession plan selecting attorneys and staff who are committed to our practice area and our expansion plans and ensuring you know we will be here in this form when you need us.
Our founder Abby Wool Landon says that estate planning is a journey, not a destination until you are dead or disabled. You may pay more for Wool Landon, a firm that wants to take that journey with you, but you will be rewarded by establishing a deep and meaningful relationship. Your estate and disability plans are one of your most important accomplishments. These documents represent your final words to your loved ones, your charities, and your community.
Estate plans depend entirely on your personal goals and the complexity of your estate. We understand how the process works and can help you find the most favorable solution for you and your family.
Our goal is to help you create a clear estate and disability plan that will preserve peace amongst your loved ones. We are proud that none our estate plans have ever been through a contentious probate or litigation process.
Our Motto: Leaving Loving Families Behind
Deciding on an estate plan is a personal and emotional experience. Equality is ideal but does not fit every family. Sometimes family dynamics are troublesome, and some children may not get equal treatment. We aim for fairness when equality doesn’t work. Think about a future you are no longer actively participating in—that’s what we consider every day. Wool Landon can stand by your side while you take those next steps and plan for tomorrow. Contact us to schedule a consultation at 503-925-5174 or online.